Vertex Software, LLC (“Vertex”) and its affiliates, (collectively, the “Vertex Group” or “we” or “us” or “our”) operates the Vertex website. For the purposes of this Policy, the term “Websites” shall refer collectively to www.vertexvis.com as well as the other websites that the Vertex Group operates and that link to this Policy.
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Websites to you. The types of data are:
Personal Data – While using our Websites, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, state, province, ZIP/postal code, city
- Cookies and Usage Data
- Your company name and website name
- Instant Messaging ID
Usage Data – We may also collect information on how the Websites are accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Websites that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Websites.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Websites.
Logs – As is true with most websites and services delivered over the Internet, we gather certain information and store it in log files when you interact with our Websites. This information includes IP addresses as well as browser type, internet service provider, URLs of referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, information you search for, locale and language preferences, identification numbers associated with your devices, your mobile carrier, and system configuration information.
Social Media Features – The Websites include social media features such as the Facebook Like button and widgets such as the Share This button or interactive mini-programs that run on our Websites. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on the Websites, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on the Websites. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the companies that provide them.
Personal Data we collect from other sources – We may also collect information about you from other sources, including third parties from whom we have purchased personal data, and combine this information with personal data provided by you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and create more tailored advertising to provide services that may be of interest to you. In particular, we collect personal data from the following sources:
- Business contact information, including mailing address, job title, email address, phone number, ‘intent data’ which is web user behavior data, IP addresses, social handles, LinkedIn URL and custom profiles from third party data providers for the purposes of targeted advertising, delivering relevant email content, event promotion and profiling.
Use of Data
We collect and process your personal data for the purposes and on the legal bases identified in the following:
- Promoting security of our Websites – We will process your personal data by tracking use of our Websites, creating aggregated, non-personal data, verifying accounts and activity, investigating suspicious activity, as well as violations of and enforcement of our terms and policies, to the extent that is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in promoting the safety and security of the systems and application used for our Websites, and protecting our rights and the rights of others
- Handling contact and user support requests – If you fill out a “Contact” or “Get Updates” web form, request user support, or if you contact us by other means, we will process your personal data for the performance of our contract with you and to the extent it is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests to fulfill your request and communicate with you
- Managing event registrations and attendance – We will process your personal data to plan and host an event or webinar, including related communication with you, on basis of the performance of our contract with you
- Developing and improving our websites – We will process your personal data to analyze trends and track your usage of our websites and interactions with emails to the extent that is necessary for our legitimate interests to develop and improve our Websites and to provide our users with more relevant and interesting content
- Managing office visitors – We will process your personal data for security reasons, to register who visited our offices and who signed the non-disclosure agreement that visitors may be required to sign
- Displaying personalized advertisements and content – We will process your personal data to conduct marketing research, advertise to you, provide personalized information about us on and off our websites, and other personalized content based upon your activities and interests to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interests to advertise our websites or, where necessary, to the extent you have provided your prior separate consent (please also view “Rights Under GDPR” below to learn how you can control how your personal data is processed by Vertex for marketing purposes)
- Sending marketing communications – We will process your personal data to send you marketing information, product recommendations, and other non-transactional communications (e.g., marketing newsletters or push notifications) about us and our affiliates and partners, including information about our products, promotions or events as necessary for our legitimate interests to conduct direct marketing or to the extent you have provided your prior separate consent (please also view “Rights under GDPR” section below to learn how you can control how your personal data is processed by Vertex for marketing purposes)
- Complying with legal obligations – We will process your personal data when cooperating with public and government authorities, courts, or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of personal data to protect our rights, and is necessary for our legitimate interests to protect against misuse or abuse of our Websites, to protect personal property or safety, to pursue remedies available to us and limit our damages, to comply with a judicial proceedings, court order or legal process, and/or to respond to lawful requests.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including personal data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including personal data, to the United States and process it there.
Sharing of Personal Data
Legal Requirements – Vertex may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Vertex Software
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Websites
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Websites or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Testimonials – From time to time, we may post testimonials on the Websites that may contain personal data. We obtain your consent to post your name along with your testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Referrals – If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our products and services, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. You must only provide your friend’s name and email address if you have a reasonable belief they will not object to us contacting them. If you do, we will automatically send your friend an email inviting him or her to visit the Websites and will store this information for the purpose of sending this initial email, tracking the success of our referral program and other marketing activities. Your referral may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove his/her information from our database.
Community Forums – The Websites may offer publicly accessible blogs, community forums, comments sections, discussion forums, or other interactive features (“Interactive Areas“). Any information that you post in an Interactive Area might be read, collected, and used by others who access it. To request removal of your personal data from an Interactive Area, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal data, in which case we will inform you if we are unable to do so and why.
Vertex Group Sharing – We may share information, including personal data, with any member of the Vertex Group, and they will use that information only for the purposes already described in this Policy.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100 percent secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Websites (“Websites Providers”), to provide the Websites on our behalf, to perform Websites-related activities or to assist us in analyzing how our Websites are used.
These third parties have access to your personal data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Websites Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Websites.
- Google Analytics is a web analytics Websites. Learn about Google’s Privacy Policies.
Vertex abides by and has certified adherence to the principles of the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield frameworks as set forth by the US Department of Commerce. For more information on the Privacy Shield frameworks, and to view the scope of Vertex’s certification, please visit the Privacy Shield website. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our US-based third-party dispute resolution provider (free of charge). For residual Privacy Shield disputes that cannot be resolved by the methods above, you may be able to invoke a binding arbitration process under certain conditions. Learn more about the Privacy Shield’s binding arbitration scheme.
The Federal Trade Commission has investigation and enforcement authority over our compliance with the Privacy Shield.
If we have received your personal data under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfer it to a third party service provider for processing, we will remain responsible if they process your personal data in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, unless we prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party sites or Websites.
Rights Under GDPR
The right to be informed – All organizations must be completely transparent in how they are using personal data (personal data may include data such as a work email and work mobile if they are specific to an individual).
The right of access – Individuals will have the right to know exactly what information is held about them and how it is processed.
The right of rectification – Individuals will be entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to erasure – Also known as “the right to be forgotten,” this refers to an individual’s right to having their personal data deleted or removed without the need for a specific reason as to why they wish to discontinue.
The right to restrict processing – An individual’s right to block or suppress processing of their personal data.
The right to data portability – This allows individuals to retain and reuse their personal data for their own purpose.
The right to object – In certain circumstances, individuals are entitled to object to their personal data being used. This includes if a company uses personal data for the purpose of direct marketing, scientific and historical research, or for the performance of a task in the public interest.
Rights of automated decision making and profiling – GDPR has put safeguards in place to protect individuals against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is made without human intervention. For example, individuals can choose not to be the subject of a decision where the consequence has a legal bearing on them or if the decision is based on automated processing.
How to Exercise Your Rights
To exercise your rights, please contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month and will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honor your request. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month, taking into account the complexity and number of requests we receive.
If you subscribe to our electronic mailing list and later decide to opt-out, simply follow the instructions that are included in each email.
Our Websites does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.